Frequently Asked Questions...
+ What are the requirements for my dog?
- Your dog must have basic obedience (sit, stay, come) and strong recall if you request off-leash walking otherwise they will be on-leash at all times.
- Proof of Bordatella and DHPP vaccinations or appropriate titre tests are required in either hard copy format provided by the owner or in an email from their veterinarian prior to commencing walking services.
- Your dog must have a current City of Vancouver dog license, and name tag with contact phone number on at all times.
- Your dog must be non-aggressive, and well socialized with other dogs and people.
- If your dog has ever displayed aggressive behaviour towards other people or animals you must disclose this information so that we can arrange private on-leash walks only. Owner will be required to supply a basket style properly fitted muzzle for use during dog walks. We can also discuss and record know 'triggers' for your dog in our initial consultation to possibly lessen the potential for negative incidents.
- You must provide proof that your pet is spayed or neutered. If they are not spayed or neutered you must notify us prior to commencing services so that we may arrange private on-leash walks for them only.
+ What Supplies do I need to provide?
- Owners must provide a clip style safety collar (for easy release), Owners must provide a clip style safety collar (for easy release), harnesses, leads (& coats if necessary). Bow Wow Wow Dogs will do our very best to supervise your pet during walks but we are not responsible for damage or loss of collars, leashes, coats, license tags or name tags during walks. We will promptly notify you of any loss or damage. We would appreciate if you left a dry 'dog' towel if it is wet outside as well so that we may dry your dog off when they return home.
- Bow Wow Wow Dogs will supply treats (with owner’s permission) and compost-able waste bags. Please notify us of any allergies your dog may have or let us know if you would prefer they receive owner supplied treats only.
+ How do I book my services?
We encourage clients to use our self-serve portal to book services but you may also call us at 778-836-0730 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make requests. 24 hours notice is required to cancel a booked service in order to receive a full refund of fees. Services canceled with less than 24 hours notice will not be refunded. We request 24 hours notice to schedule services but will do our best to accommodate any requests received by 8am on the date of service. Late requests cannot be guaranteed. Additional pets in the same household are charged at 25% of original rate for services booked.
+ How can i pay for my services?
Payment in full is required before services are provided and may be made through our client services portal with PayPal or Credit Card or if you prefer please note on your booking request that you would like to pay with cash or cheque and leave the payment for walker collection on your service date. Cheques may be made payable to Tianna Maehara. Please note that payments made more than 10 days after the invoice due date may be charged an administration fee of $25 plus 2% per month on outstanding balances.
+ What if I need to cancel a scheduled service?
24 hours notice is required to cancel a scheduled walk in order to receive a full refund. If unforeseen circumstances arise (outside of extreme weather conditions) where Bow Wow Wow Dogs needs to cancel a scheduled service we will notify you as soon as possible, will refund the service and if less than 24 hours notice is given will provide credit for 1 free service of the same type scheduled for future use.
+ What happens if it's too hot or cold outside?
Bow Wow Wow Dogs will walk your dog rain or shine and if possible, even in the snow. The well being and safety of your dog is important to us and therefore we will not take your dog out in winter weather below -15 degrees or summer heat of +35 degrees or during unsafe road conditions. If we need to cancel services due to inclement weather, we will send you a notification by 8am the day of service cancellation. Always feel free to call or email us if you have any questions about the weather and its impact on our services. Any services canceled due to extreme weather conditions will be refunded in full.
+ What if my dog gets wet or dirty on their walk?
If your dog has gotten dirty or wet on their walk we are happy to towel them off as best as possible prior to dropping them off at home. Bow Wow Wow Dogs will supply clean towels for drying pets off. If you prefer we leave them in a specific room or area please let us know at the consultation. Dogs with extremely thick or long coats may require additional grooming that is not provided by Bow Wow Wow Dogs.
+ What if my dog is ill or is injured?
If your dog is ill or injured please notify Bow Wow Wow Dogs when services are booked so that we may follow any necessary instructions for their care. We may administer simple prescribed medications (oral, topical) for you during your booked service if you provide the original medication packaging with full written instructions for use. Bow Wow Wow Dogs assumes no responsibility for any negative reactions your dog may have to prescribed medication. We will notify clients immediately if we notice any signs of illness or injury in a pet in our care. Veterinary Care Release Forms will be provided to new clients as well to specify care plans in the event of an emergency.
+ What happens if there is an emergency?
Bow Wow Wow Dogs carries a mobile phone for emergencies at all times when we are out with your dog. We are also pet first-aid trained and carry a first-aid kit for emergencies. If your dog is lost, stolen or hurt the protocol is as follows:
a) Contact the client first, if they are not available call the emergency contact if provided.
b) Contact Vancouver Animal Control to notify them if the dog has been lost or stolen.
c) Attempt to locate the missing dog, or if injured, transport the dog to either the veterinarian requested by the client or to the nearest veterinarian if none has been specified.
+ What is the best way to stay in touch?
Bow Wow Wow Dogs is happy to provide updates via text or email to clients that include a GPS route map of their dog's walk and visit details. We can be reached via email email@example.com or at 778-836-0730. We will respond to messages within 2 hours during regular business hours (M-F 8:00am - 5:00pm) and as soon as possible outside those hours. We would love for you to connect with us via social media as well! If you would prefer we not use your pet's photo on Social Media please notify us. Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
+ How do you keep my data and keys safe?
Bow Wow Wow Dogs will keep all keys, remote control entry devices and access codes secure at all times. Keys will be tagged with a log number only and kept in a lock box at all times when not in use. We will also return all of the above at the end of the contract or immediately upon request. Payments are processed through secure third party providers WePay and PayPal to ensure your information is kept safe. Credit card information is not stored by Bow Wow Wow Dogs directly.
+ Why should I choose Bow Wow Wow Dogs?
Bow Wow Wow Dogs loves all dogs big or small, young or old and our walking services are provided by certified professionals. Owner, Tianna Jensen, is a graduate of the Langara College Professional Dog Walker program and successfully completed their pet first aid component so you can rest assured your pets are in good hands! We provide personalized, small group or private walks in your neighbourhood. Your dog will spend little to no time in a car and more time out exploring! We are also insured in case of emergency situations.
+ What insurance coverage do you have?
Bow Wow Wow Dogs is insured with PROfur Insurance and carries $2M in liability coverage, $10K per pet in emergency veterinary care/loss coverage as well as Lost Key and Bonding coverage to protect your home.
+ How can I save on my dog walking costs?
New clients always get their first walk free and if you refer a friend or neighbour in our service area when they book their first service you will get a free walk credit to use as well! Thank you for sharing your appreciation of Bow Wow Wow Dogs! :)
We also have Buy 10 get 1 Free packages available for all of our services to help lower the cost for our regular clients. You can purchase these packages through our client portal or by requesting them via text or email.
+ What areas do you service?
Check out our map below! Our service area is highlighted in light blue.